Net Worth Tracking day is here! Looking forward to Personal Finance Bloggers earnings reports this week.
For anyone that has not seen this done before, I hold myself accountable by posting my net worth progress for everyone to see. You can view the full last quarter break down here.
Anyone remember that Brexit thing? Hope you didn’t Panic Sell the dip! It was a great quarter personally and financially. Baby planning is in full swing – I am going to be doing some fancy wall painting in the room while we search for furniture. Also – My Vikes are 3-0, no big deal…..
Lets take a look at the numbers!
I reported in a previous post that I saw an extra digit in our Net Worth for the first time when I logged into Personal Capital and I am glad to report that it is still there at the end of the quarter.
- Big Quarter over Quarter increase – When I pulled my numbers last quarter it was before the market bounced back after the Brexit vote. I don’t think this % is sustainable, but I will take it!
- Student Loan Drop – We paid an extra $2,500 off this quarter (See below*)
- Roth IRA Jumps – Contributed an extra $1,250 to each Roth IRA account (again see below*)
- Mrs AE is killing it – Being pregnant has not slowed Mrs. AE down….. She is killing it at work and putting in a bunch of Over Time while her department is behind. Her 401K contributions have seen a nice bump and the extra take home money will be put to good use. (Ok – she slowed down once she got home from work – pregnant ladies like the naps 🙂 )
- Car decreased a lot over the last 3 months – Womp Womp…… Doing what cars do unfortunately.
- Savings Account decrease – Finished paying off a few random medical/dental bills not covered by insurance, I am not sure if I will replenish this account – it is only used if we have a real expensive month.
I don’t know if this is good or bad, but we have a lot of cash sitting in our Roth/Brokerage accounts at the moment. I am trying to hold out for a little dip but the market is going back and fourth every day. I suppose in the long run it wont really matter, so I probably should just pick a day and drop it in.
Company Stock *
You can read the full details of my ESPP plan here, but this program has been working out really well for Mrs. AE and I. We have sold 2 chunks so far this year at a 28% gain. Today, we can sell the last lot we bought on July 1st and it is up 43% as of closing Friday.
The extra money allocated to my student loans and the bump in our Roth IRA was from ESPP sales. Use financial windfalls to enhance your position!
Even though we have a solid financial track record, I think we are a bit overvalued right now (up near all time highs). I am leaning heavily towards selling everything and splitting the money between student loans and our Roth IRAs. I will let ya know in the comments when/if I pull the trigger!
I am going to use the Quarterly Report to give some updates on the state of Apathy Ends
- Fincon! Registered last week, super excited to meet some other bloggers in person.
- Starting seeking out guest posts – I have been reaching out to people to do some guests posts over the last month. There are some more awesome bloggers coming to the site over the next 2-3 weeks. Reach out if you are interested!
- Traffic has been picking up – This site is still relatively young, but the traffic has picked up considerably. Pinterest has been a pretty big contributor over the last 2 months. Glad to see organic search engine traffic is on the rise as well.
- Am making some money – I honestly don’t know how much I have made, but I know more is coming in from the few times I have checked my affiliate links and Google Adsense. The money is a bonus at this stage, my focus for the next year is building an audience and presence.
- Started sending out Weekly Email Updates – I have been sending out updates every Wednesday to my mailing list. It has not resulted in a ton of traffic but its a good practice to get in for later.
- Alex Ranking – As of writing this my Alexa ranking is 305,131 – not a huge deal but I am taking that as a sign that I am doing something right.
- Happy Hour Reads will be back – I will get these back up and running, I have been behind reading posts the last few weeks. Doing my best to be a good husband and taking care of the house while Mrs. AE is working extra.
We have hit most of our major financial goals this year, the only one outstanding is increasing our combined salary by 10% (we are sitting at 7% right now). Due to a “new policy” at work they punted on all non promotion raises last quarter. I have been assured that my raise will FINALLY go into effect on November 1st. Cautiously optimistic, I don’t believe anything until its in writing. Its probably time to start setting out goals for 2017, it will be a bit more difficult think through with the baby coming in March.
Some products that can help you:
Personal Capital: Personal Capital has a ton of great Free features, you can track your spending, net worth and even analyze your portfolio. It has top notch security and I am able to connect all of my accounts. Saves a ton of time!
Sofi – I saved a ton of money using SoFI for a Student Loan Refinance. They were great to work with, the process was super easy (compared to my previous refi) and I got a great rate. If you have student loans be sure to check them out.