Going to keep this short and sweet today as I am anxiously awaiting the early Vikings kick off. The bulk of the content on this site is finding ways to save, earn or invest more money – but I don’t want to lose focus of the “why” factor. The short version is Security, Family, Friends, Growth, Experiences and Freedom (see Discover Your Financial Motivation for the longer version). Today is a day to be thankful – lets have at it.
A lot of amazing things have happened this year that I am grateful for – in no particular order:
- Baby on the way (okay maybe this one is in particular order) and Mrs. AE for being an amazing mom already. The little girl is going to be lucky to have her.
- First time uncle
- Family Time
- We have hit a major holiday with every side of the family
- Enjoyed a 5 day cabin trip with my immediate family over the 4th of July
- Visited my sister for a cheap vacation that let me feel like a college kid again
- Ice fishing trip with my brothers and Dad (new-ish family tradition that I hope continues for a long time)
- A healthy year all around for Mrs AE and I
- Promotions and raises – beyond the money it is nice to feel like your work is recognized and appreciated
- Watching 2 of my best friends get married
- Continuation of the craft beer explosion in MN
- 1,000 other things that I can’t recall right now
Last but not least – All of YOU
I want to highlight the best part of creating this site – the people I have found:
- Like minded people who share strategies, push new thoughts and challenge the norm – all while remaining respectful of differing opinions and backgrounds (this seems so rare to me in the internet age)
- Go beyond money and remind us that we are privileged and should help others out along the way (few recent articles I want to shout out to)
- Physician on Fire – Giving Thanks with a $100,000.00 Donation – I got to meet PoF last week and it was like jumping into a conversation with an old friend. Refreshing to be able to talk PF in person with someone that gets it.
- Our Next Life – Go Beyond Gratitude // With Great Wealth Comes Great Responsibility – Awesome blog that always gets me thinking and appreciating what I have.
- People that are willing to build each other up (thank you to everyone who has guest posted – or allowed me to ramble on you site). We are in this together and no matter how much I try to share, you all find a way to share more. I wonder if some of you have a magically 25th hour that I haven’t uncovered yet.
I look forward to meeting a lot more of you next year (and some hopefully sooner). For those of you in the US – Enjoy Thanksgiving. If you are outside the US, its almost Friday.
For the Black Friday deal seekers out there good luck! Don’t mow down anyone that doesn’t deserve it!